Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Arts at Home

This is another old project from my Book Arts class that I guess I never shared with you guys. I'm a bit surprised but I think this is my favorite book that I made from that class. The assignment was to make a coptic stitched book based on your running theme. My theme for this one was "Home" and it was a rather literal interpretation, but I am absolutely in love with the layering and cut out effects. I was originally inspired by this post on craftster. I wanted to create a similar effect just using the negative space to create shadows but it wasn't as dynamic as the white paper used in the other project so I added pen detailing, which I think made it work in a different but equally great way.

All of the collaged papers are found in my apartment and include a receipt, a netflix page, a letter, pictures of me and my bf, etc. This is going to be pretty picture heavy so I'll stop talking now.

Here's how you would see the book in chronological order

The door knob stamp was handcarved by me and the cover paper was stamped all over with a block stamp to create an abstracted representation of the brick that makes up my apartment building.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a picture of the binding

Photobucket

And closeups of my favorite pages

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...