Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's been productive!!!

I had a day off today and had a few things I wanted to get done. But I guess I must have had some really good cereal or something because I've just been kicking butt on a bunch of things I've been planning to do but hadn't gotten around to doing yet.

1) Finish a custom order star wars bag.
I wish I could say I actually finished it but I am super close in any case. The only thing stopping me now is that I don't have a zipper the right length!! Guess I know a trip to Joanns is in store for me soon. And in case you are wondering as you read this, I wonder if she could take another custom order - the answer is YES! Requests for my bags have slowed down a bit, which is in all honesty a relief but also a bit puzzling. I have had a few people message me asking me why my bags are priced so high, to which I've always answered that these bags are very time consuming to make, as well as being personally customized for the buyer. I am already underpaying myself for the labor as it is, so it is what it is. In any case, I'm really happy how the star wars bag turned out and pictures will be posted soon =)

2) Test a sewing tutorial.
Yes!!!!! I did it. I've been wanting to challenge myself to another sewing tutorial for a while now and finally decided to tackle it today since I already had my sewing machine out. I used the one here at Diary of a Quilter. I would highly recommend it - even with my usual imprecise measurements I think my bag turned out pretty cute! I think the next one I make will be a little bit bigger though. It's a rather petite tote bag. Does the print look familiar? Yup one of my fat quarters. Speaking of which I'm running low on my stock of fat quarters so I think some printing will be in my future soon...but......

Photobucket

3) What the heck to do with this mess???

We had a leak in our bedroom which ultimately resulted in an old broken down cabinet being thrown out due to water damage. Said cabinet, however, had a lot of my art supplies in it...and now here is where they are...

Photobucket

That table is my printing table. =/ I managed to rearrange it so that most of the stuff is on the floor now but in a small apartment with precious little free space as it is...I don't know how much longer I can go on with all my stuff everywhere! But that'll be another day.

And lastly, my biggest, still-in-progress, but made lots of headway item!

4) A super long very detailed might make you bored but will be very cool in the end screen printing at home tutorial!!

There's a challenge on craftster this month to make a tutorial and post it with at least 5 pictures. Heh, well I definitely have more than 5 pictures, I've lost count at this point. I brushed off my old gif file skills and have turned the images into sort of a slide show of the steps and I already wrote out a 3 page written tutorial which I probably have to go back and add more details that I forgot. So long story short, this will be a doozy. I'm going to share with you guys of course, and will probably break it up into two or three different posts to spare you from getting lost on the steps.

So now what to do with my evening??? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...