Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Teesha Moore Deconstructed - Part 2ish...And Hunger Games!

I was working on putting together some more TM panels the other day and had to share this technique I love to use for the bags: freezer paper stenciling. I know it's not complicated or difficult to do but I really think it adds something to the panels that embroidery alone doesn't do.

Basically I go from the last step I left on (remember, cutting lots and lots of squares and rectangles of fabric to stitch together), stenciling, AND then at that point you're ready to stuff and stitch. It's a simple step to add in, and really fun to do.

Here's my elaborate set up....not really. Just a bunch of stencils ready to cut out, matched up with appropriate sized fabric so I'm ready to iron and paint!

Photobucket

Here's mid-painting - remember: cardboard or something for the paint to bleed onto - otherwise your ironing board is going to look like crap like mine =)

Photobucket

And the long awaited, sometime talked about, finally done TM Hunger Games themed bag!

Photobucket

I am really enjoying making themed bags lately - I think it really helps me focus on the designs I put on the panels and really helps to tie the whole thing together. You'll be seeing a number of "themed" projects here soon - I got a slew of them planned now. Though I'll still keep doing the random hodge podge TM stuff too.

Here's the back side of the bag.

Photobucket

And of course close ups of some of the panels - especially my favorites, and the ones that were hard to see from a distance in the photograph - especially the Rue patch - its much clearer in real life the music notes and her name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

8 comments:

  1. I think... I spy a dragon in the back, next to some cute Wizard of Oz witch feet.

    Wizard of Oz would make a good theme bag too maybe.

    I like the cherry blossom patch - are they just french knots? Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a totally insane non pattern using, rule breaking, self taught crafty creator of many things. I sew,paint,collage,refurnish,design,write and other crap. I LOVE THESE BAGS! I can't stop looking at every detail. I would make em watching tv just like you do, lol. It's so refreshing to come across someone with imagination, as its rare to find these days. I hope you're getting decent loot for doing such a beautiful job. High five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

    I'm currently working on a harry potter crazy quilt which is actually pretty similar (lots of embroidery) and my roommate has been hinting that a hunger games quilt should be my next project. I'd originally thought there weren't enough images that lent themselves to embroidery but you've clearly proven me wrong. This is incredible!

    http://beantownembroidery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, original and inspiring!! I want to get busy and make one of any kind!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...