Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sketchbook peek

I just finished the super huge fiber project of doom so now I'm just relaxing, taking a long pause before diving head first into the next big project to tackle. I was sketching in my notebook for printmaking tonight so I took some quick pictures to share with you guys on some images that may or may not make it to full blown prints.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder sometimes why I like printmaking as much as I do; it would be much simpler to draw an image out and be done with it...but there's something about the process of making the image that makes it more interesting. Perhaps the things you can do to a plate or block that can transcend regular drawing techniques (at least as much as my ability will allow). Who knows. I'll be sure to share the prints as they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...