Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I really am not a huge fan of bugs...unless they're made by me

I had someone ask me if I could try to make some sort of artsy bug pendant and I thought why not try? It was a bit trickier than I imagined trying to combine a bunch of different elements without getting the proportions way out of wack. But I finally settled on two little guys that have quite a bit of personality!

The first little guy...he's no more than 1.5 inches long with a pen nib as his thorax covering...The wings I made myself!

 photo P1050373_zps9bcb5a4d.jpg

 photo P1050372_zpsafa8b613.jpg

How do you ask? My secret...but it does involve wire and tissue paper. Actually I think there's a slightly easier way to do it so the next time I need to come up with some buggy wings I'll try to make a tutorial. It's pretty neat actually.

Here's the daddy. About 2.5 inches long, with some impressive filigree detailing. I used some PearlEx powders to color the bodies.

 photo P1050367_zpsd98cdf25.jpg

 photo P1050369_zps0b06812e.jpg

 photo P1050370_zps493cfbf8.jpg

I've got another request to make more so there'll probably be more in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of bugs either but it's hard not to like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a bug fan either . . . but these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a bug fan either . . . but these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...