Saturday, November 12, 2011

flamingo dance

Here's the project of the week! Took me 7 hours on Friday to get just the printing alone done. But I'm happy its over with and I'm fairly happy with the outcome even if the registration system I was supposed to have been using didn't work out really...thank goodness I'm pretty good at improvising.

Layer 1: light pink silhouette

Photobucket

Layer 2: Hot pink overlay

Photobucket

Layer 3: Black detailing

Photobucket

Here's the overall look. It was done on a piece of fabric 2.5 yds long. Long day!

Photobucket

Now what to do with it? hah. I think I might take a small chunk and turn it into a hoopla for my wall.

4 comments:

  1. WOW. I HAVE to know, did you cut each flamingo ? and on al three layers?
    with just your hand and an exact-o-knife?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisheva, no this was done with screen printing. There's no way I could have done this with freezer paper stenciling, I would have gone insane.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...