Sunday, November 20, 2011

Undergrad Juried Art Exhibition

Every year my school has an art show featuring undergraduates; last year I didn't really have anything I felt was worthy of entering, but this year I thought why not? Here's the pieces I think I'm going to submit to see if they'll be accepted...

I love this piece though sadly I don't really have anywhere to display it in my apartment. It speaks to me of consumerism, hoarding, and a throwaway society. I love that so many people see different things in it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I think I may have posted this before, but I love the simplicity of this mono print I made last winter. It's whimsical and a little dark at the same time.

Photobucket

There might be one more piece I'll try to submit if I can find it and take good pictures before the deadline. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. I think the black bird is my favorite part of that sculpture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperately in love with that sculpture, it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys!! It would be super awesome to get into the show - cross your fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved the throw away doll.. ur super talented.. would love it if you could check out my blog :)
    http://oopsitsvidya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am really loving this.. :) saw it again.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...