Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Something other than bags for a change

I need a serious break from stitching (we'll see how long that lasts) so I decided to take out the bottle of Inkodye I bought a few months back on a splurge and try it out!....with varying results. I loosely followed the directions from this tute off of Dharma Trading.

First I went to the copy store and got some images printed b&w on transparencies........it dawned on me literally as I was pouring the dye that I was going to end up with negative images as the prints. Doh! Oh well, next time I know I'll get that right.

A booby - for a project that I'm making for a friend.

Photobucket

Rings of a tree.

Photobucket

Bunch of scissors.

Photobucket

And lastly...my greatest disappointment :-\ A shirt I tried to expose film negatives on. The negatives curled up in the sun and just didnt work out. Next time I'd make sure to have a heavy piece of glass to weigh it down with from the start. Oh well, I'll probably do some screen printing over it later, it's still a pretty color.

Photobucket

Now I need to get more dye! This stuff is awesome!!

Oh and a fun piece of art I made.

Photobucket

If the print seems familiar it's the same one I used on my mold study in Fibers back in December. Screen printed the image onto cotton fabric. Did the sharpie/alcohol trick with blue sharpie, and then watercolors with yellows. Then some machine stitching in red. :D It was a little hard to give away.

3 comments:

  1. I think the dye jobs all look fantastic! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet yr tee shirt neg exposure mishap will provide a bkground for a really cool new piece. I love yr stuff. U are a very talented young gal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nifty prints!
    And that little piece of art is very very happy in it's new home. promise :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...