Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crafty A.D.D.

There are times when I am so focused I can just go and go and go on one project forever. This hasn't been the case lately though. My screen printing obsession has quietly tucked itself away for a little while (I think I just burned myself out on it honestly, I'm sure the bug will come back soon). In its place I've been thinking a lot about assemblage art which I've always loved. Loved, but never really felt that good at doing. It's not just about throwing a bunch of crap together and gluing (that part I'm great at), it's about a balance...so I'm in the mood and I think I'll give it a go. I'm challenging myself not to buy anything new for this but only to work from stash. Here's my work table so far - not too crazy messy...yet.

Photobucket

I'm just starting out by rusting a bunch of little bits and bobs. I got a two part rusting wash from the craft store ages ago and never used it until now. It's way too easy and fun so I forsee lots of rusted things now. Side note: the tin I'm using as my rusting palate is also my painting palate haha. I should cut it apart and use it for something now that I think of it.

Photobucket

As a recap from my last post, I did finish the two items on my to-do list! Here's the final picture of the drawing for my uncle.

Photobucket

The background is actually a wash of watered-down red acrylic paint but I must have scanned it only in black and white, oops.

Ok off to work with me. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Crafty ADD is a mark of a great mind :)Can't wait to see more assemblage, I'm sure you're great at it. Those little bitty houses (?) in the first pic have piqued my curiosity... They look...cool...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...