So if it wasn't obvious from the last post, I was only mid-project in a new set of frames so of course I have more pictures of what I've been up to this past week.
Here's the test print of the mouth! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for the most part.
And a shirt I made using the image. I experimented with bleach for the first time, intentionally spraying a pattern on the shirt. I really like how it looks, a blazing ball of fire falling...I can't help feeling like it needs a little more detailing though. Another layer on the red. Hmm...also I'm not so fond of the mouth print on black. It's harder to make out what you're looking at...ah well, I like it and will wear it anyway.
I also couldn't help making another set of frames. I'm not sure why I have a morbid fascination with medical diagrams and such and when I came across the image of a jawbone I couldn't resist. I envision making a sort of chevron print with it =) Note: in the test print the black on the front-most teeth didn't print, boo, but I'll be sure to press down harder when printing that again, it was my own mistake.
Here's the test print. I admit I'm a little disappointed that the lines of black weren't a bit finer but I think it has to do with the type of mesh I'm using...I might try going back on that frame to make the lines finer if I can.
And to finish off the show, I played more with my flamingos. On shirts this time. I've been meaning to make one for myself forever - I used the shirt I messed up on when I was playing around with inkodye. I think it worked out well.
So this week I'll be gone on a road trip to Mammoth Caves! I'm excited as it'll be my first vacation in forever. I won't be able to bring much with me in the way of crafting but I plan to hopefully have a drawing started (and maybe completed!) that I'm doing for my Uncle. I'll see about sharing that next week.
Don't have too much fun while I'm away ;)