I've slowly gotten to the point with my patches where I think I'm about done making them, and I'm ready to start assembling. That is a slow process and so far I have 4 bag parts put together so when I get through these I'll have a bunch of new stock for the shop! Plus I still have enough patches to assemble at least 3 or 4 more! But I must admit, I have put this gigantor project aside to work on a few side projects this week.
I was commissioned by a lovely lady to make a Doctor Who bag for her daughter's birthday. I was skeptical that I would be able to finish it in time, but of course when I throw myself into a project it goes a lot faster and I got it done inside of a week! This is not typical; it definitely helped that I had some of the patches already pre-done. Take note! I have some new reference patches - some from the older seasons and a few from the most recent. (For any DW fans, I must say that the new companion is spunky, but I'm not in love with her yet...time will tell). Only the Rory patch didn't make it on the final bag; it got switched out for some sunflowers that fit a bit better =)