Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yarn Bombing! Finally!

The really exciting thing I just did today! Yarn Bombing!
I've been wanting to do this all fall and winter long but have been too busy and too chicken to find a time to do it. But I finally did it just this afternoon!

My first bomb were these bearies! They are too adorable! And almost hard to part with, but it was for the greater good of sharing their cuteness with the public! Sadly I thought I had a lot more safety eyes so I'll have to pick up more before I can continue to make more but oh well. here's the link for the pattern: http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=2030

Here they are on my dashboard being prepped for placement

Photobucket

Ok so I didn't go to some wild place to plant them. They're tied up in a tree across the street from where I work. But that way I'll be able to watch them and see how long it takes for them to be taken down. I wonder if my coworkers will be able to figure out that I put them there....there's a good chance of that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then I did another one!

I started on this one back in August or September and never got the motivation to finish it until now! I posted in progress pictures a while back. Anyway, I wasn't able to hang it up as well as I would have liked but I'm pretty pleased with the placement. This one went on a tree next to a neighborhood subdivison, right by the road. No one saw me put this one up I dont think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And just as a bonus a wee vine I crocheted for a past project that ended up being tossed. I figured it tie it up for fun. This one I got caught on - the lady in the van was giving me a funny look haha.

Photobucket

There will be more for sure. I think I want to go bigger and better........hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Ok I realize I have a problem with overusing exclaimation marks...geeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! how fun! I still want to yarn bomb, but I've not taken the time to do it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely worth doing - and so much fun to drive by and see if its still up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...