Monday, January 7, 2013

In Memorandum

A dear friend has passed this week. A friend who has sat by me quietly for many a days keeping solemn comfort. Yes, it is my bag of poly fill.

I wanted to take time to remember him today as he was, and not as he now is (in the garbage, oops!). I bought him some time in September of 2011, a complete newbie to the ways and skills of the Teesha Moore patchwork style. I made my first bag for a Christmas swap and sent it off to live in New York.

First Bag

Photobucket

Since then my style has changed and evolved and I complete Polyfill's life with one of my well known Harry Potter bags.

Last Bag

Photobucket


Photobucket

In between I calculated that I have made a total of 36 bags (this does not include pouches, wallets, or any other miscellaneous patchwork items I've experimented with) and made over 792! individual panels. Polyfill lived a good life, and in everything I've made he lives on.

Photobucket










.....................now to start on my new polyfill bag! 28 oz I believe =)

4 comments:

  1. He was such a special bag. RIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rad! I've never seen anything like it. I love the fish bones. Super stoked to have found your blog, can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...