Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My hands are slowly transforming into gnarled claws..

And by gnarled claws I mean bent and crippled with severe overuse in the last week and a half since starting up this massive bag project...It's not always this bad but when I have a whole day off I want to use my time wisely...my hands have other ideas however. I might have to lay off the stitching today. But look at what I've done so far!

 photo P1050547_zps034312d9.jpg

I've also renewed my love for making jewelry, pretty much just for myself. Maybe I'll try posting some pieces to sell just to see if anything happens. I don't know. I made this wine cork necklace recently for a lady in California who likes eclectic statement pieces. I thought it was pretty unique...had just the right lace for it. I ended up modge podging it to the cork.

 photo Untitled-1_zpsae3c14cb.jpg

 photo P1050522_zps200c9cd3.jpg

I've also, unsurprisingly, been watching a lot of TV and movies while stitching so I thought I could play "What has Emma been watching this week?" and suggest some good things to watch (it helps if you have Netflix since a lot of what I watch comes from there)...

So last week I watched a documentary called Blackfish which focuses on the killer whales of Seaworld. I was stunned though not surprised that the overall summary was basically that by putting this wild animals into captivity it makes them go crazy and behave in violent and shocking manners. It's sad but very interesting and I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Let's see... I also watched House of Cards which is exclusive on Netflix..I find it funny that I enjoyed it so much because it is a hardcore political drama but it stars Kevin Spacey who is so so good. I read somewhere that his character is despicable and a horrible person but I don't hate him at all. His character reminds me somewhat of a sharper version of himself on American Beauty. Anyway, I'd also say, watch this!

Oh, I forgot to post this scoodie I made last month. It was destined to be a Christmas present for a friend but when I discovered that she received one exactly like it from another friend I decided to keep it...I'm not sure what to do with it now...just wait til the perfect recipient comes along I suppose. It is really cute and funny.

 photo P1050494_zpsb471a42d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...