Friday, September 16, 2011

A spooky little book to kick off the season

It is starting to get cooler again which always makes me a little sad because I know winter will be right around the corner =/ I'm not a huge fan of Michigan winter but whatever, at least it makes my urge to stay inside and craft not as crazy hah. Anyway, I made a wee book for a swap on craftster that was Halloween themed and definitely got me in the mood for the season a bit - I'm even planning a fun costume for Halloween =)

It was for Kira at Oops I Craft My Pants who is an awesome artists and person! She loves bright colors, Halloween, and animals so I tried to run with those themes in mind.

I'm not 100% happy with the covers but I just didn't know what to do for them...they turned out ok I think. I was really trying to bring out the color here.

Photobucket

Some in progress pictures to show the layering effect I've fallen in love with!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's how each page looks as you flip through in order - I wish the pictures would have shown the dimensionality better but oh well =/

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kira is famous for her wicked witch bookmark feet so I included that small detail here for fun! Also check out what's drying on the line - there's a naked ghost somewhere! haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Detail of the binding - I love the look of coptic stitch!

Photobucket

And some close ups of my favorite pages

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now I don't think I have anything else top secret that I can't show you! Hmmm, well maybe I can start doing some little tutorials, or highlight other awesome people I know. We'll see....=)

5 comments:

  1. Is this all handcut??? It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love everything about this!!! The drawings, the cuttings, the painting, the colors, the binding...everything :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously one of my favorite paper-crafts you've ever made. I love the construction and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys =) I had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It's imaginative and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...