Here are progress pictures on the two big projects that have consumed my entire break this week.
80+ "barnacle" shapes I crocheted and felted for fibers class. On Monday I'm going to dye them all different levels of ombre in a dirty purple shade...I'm thinking to mount it on some fabric covered cork or foam board so I can pin them in place...its due on Wednesday so I've got to get going on it. And just fyi - it used up almost 5 entire skeins from the original 10 I ordered....I wish now I had done more barnacles, but oh well, I have a good amount and I'm going to make it work with what I have. I think the key to making this project successful is getting the right sized board so that the amount of shapes has the right amount of impact.
And the other project for printmaking; it's open so the method and content is completely up to us. I'm doing a linocut mostly because it was the easiest to get done over break without having to go into school a bunch. But more so, because I enjoy this technique the most but want to push my style to be more detailed and intricate. I've got the basic scene done, but I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for all the negative space around it.